It’s done. A few details/settings are still missing but other than that the upgrade is finally done – and I added a new switch (GBit) too. Sweeeeeet speeeeeed! :)
I’m currently looking for the needle (datafield with common name) in the haystack (huge database)… yay…
As you might have noticed I have replaced my old logo with a newer version – I hope you like it ;)
Yesterday I was at the local Linuxday for the first time in my life. This might be connected with the fact that there was a BSD information stand this year – which gave me the opportunity to get to know Bernhard Fröhlich (decke@) and Daniel Seuffert (ds@) from the FreeBSD Project (decke was recently made a ports committer – congrats – and ds is a quiet generous supporter to the project).
Sadly I only had 2 hours of spare time to stay – but they were fun – and in case BSD returns to the Linuxday next year I’ll probably be visiting it again.
Special thank’s to beat@ for the gallery link – I guess I was to lazy to watch out for it
Openoffice compile only needs 90 minutes with the new machine :)
Just got a “new” camera because my father replaced his Sony Alpha 100 with the Alpha 550 :)
My reply to twitter: Noise – whatever comes to my mind or happens goes there.
In december last year I started the so far biggest upgrading process. The overall target was 3 machines which really needed new / newer hardware…
Finally my ISP was able to configure my new modem and I’m back online (properly).